Is your website fully optimized?
What is the Website Checker?
What is being tested?
- Website presentation
- Accessibility via search engines
- Website security
- Website speed
How does the tool work?
Which aspects of my site are reviewed by the Website Checker?
Be present online
Search engine visibility
- 1 domain included
- 5 email accounts
- Business widgets
In order to give you a comprehensive picture of the complete performance of your website, you will also see results which highlight the criteria that are performing well. As such, the IONOS Website Checker helps you keep an accurate overview of all the aspects of your website that are performing well or in need of improvement.
- How long does it take for my website to load?
- Is the content of my website displayed correctly on mobile devices?
- Is the level of security for my visitors sufficient, e.g. in terms of encryption via SSL?
- Is my website visible on major search engines like Google?
If you'd like to know more about how submitting URLs to the major search engines works, please read the following article: Registering a website and submitting URLs to Google
Unlike other tools, there is also no paid PRO version available that would allow you to run a website traffic test. We know the idea is enticing and we might come up with a solution for you in the near future. However, for now, the best thing we can do is refer you to other tools that will get the job done for you.
So here is a selection of free online website traffic checkers:
similarweb.com gives you a free estimate of a website's traffic with number of total visits, average visit duration, pages per visit and bounce rate on an aggregated level for both, desktop and mobile web traffic.
semrush.com also has a free version of web page traffic stats available. It gives you an overview of organic search traffic, paid search traffic as well as the share of branded vs non-branded searches.
alexa.com used to be another great resource to turn to, but now, the service will only let you see data if you sign up for a free trial period.
- Inspect the URL closely. Does it show any signs of manipulation or an altered form of the original website?
- Take a close look at the SSL certificate. Make sure it is a https secured website that can ideally be traced back to an organization or company.
- Does the website indicate it adheres to the guidelines of trust seal providers? Make sure you do not just see images of security seals like Norton, but that these third parties have actually listed the website you want to conduct business with.
We are here – drop us a line if you have any questions or concerns.