Why choose a .com extension?
The right address for your company
Advantages of a .com gTLD
- Target a greater audience: Since .com is the most popular extension, there is no doubt that the widest audience possible will be reached
- Memorable: A catchy TLD is of the utmost importance for an established business. With a .com website, you can rest assured that it will stay on the tip of everybody's tongue.
- Credibility: Although .com domain endings are relatively cheap URLs, they are one of the most well respected TLDs in the world and are highly coveted.
- Value: As .com domain availability is decreasing, the domain's value is going up, and many are now resistant to give up their domain or to seek domain alternatives.
- Default: Without even thinking, most people automatically type in the .com extension as the default extension, which can lead to increased traffic to your site.
What is a .com domain?
If I already have a domain from a different provider, can I move it to 1&1 IONOS?
The world's premier web address
|.com domain features list||Available|
|1 email account with 2 GB mailbox space||✓|
|Unlimited subdomains to structure your website||✓|
|For each individual domain order you'll receive a free SSL certificate||✓|
|Advanced DNS management||✓|
|Whois privacy is included||✓|
|24/7 customer support||✓|
|A wide variety of domains, including new domains||✓|
|Fast, simple domain setup||✓|
|Secure your domain from hijacking risks with domain lock||✓|
|Special offers 1&1 IONOS customers||✓|
.com domain - FAQ
Once you've thought of the perfect top level domain for you or your business, one that is guaranteed to give off a good first impression, the next step is to ensure that it's not already taken. Checking for .com domain availability is an easy process with 1&1 IONOS. Simply check your .com domain availability with our free and easy tool. All you need to do is type in your desired domain name, and the domain checker will identify whether or not it's available. If your desired domain name is already taken, you will be provided with a range of viable alternatives.
What are the .com domain alternatives?
As .com extensions are widely popular and may not always be available, there are plenty of other .com domain alternatives for you to consider – all of which convey trust and professionalism. Perhaps you could use a location specific domain such as a .us extension, or maybe even something that resonates specifically with your project, such as .store for an online shop. Whatever your preference, there are plenty of .com domain alternatives to choose from:
We are here – drop us a line if you have any questions or concerns.