You can set a new password for Mail Basic and Mail Business email addresses included with IONOS products in a few easy steps.
For contractual and data protection reasons, a forgotten/lost password can only be changed using the IONOS account and exclusively requested by the account holder. It is not possible to send, display, or communicate the current password.
If you are looking for instructions on how to change an email account password after logging in to Webmail, please see this article instead.
To set a new password for your Mail Basic or Mail Business email address, simply follow these steps:
- If you have not already done so, please log in to your IONOS account.
- Click the Email tile. A table with your created email addresses is displayed. Note: If you have multiple email packages, you must select the appropriate contract before displaying the table.
- For the desired email address, click the gear icon in the Actions column.
- Select Change Password from the displayed list box.
- Enter the new password and complete your entry by clicking Change password. The change will become active within a few minutes.
If you are using an email client on your computer, such as Microsoft Outlook, or if you also check your emails with a mobile device, you will need to also change the password stored in the account settings of that program/device.
Password Change Not Possible
Having trouble changing your password or need further assistance?