The advantage of a renewal for several years in advance is that you can register the domain for this period at the rates and conditions currently being offered.
- The domain to be extended must be a so-called additional domain.
- The domain to be extended must have a compatible domain extension. This is the case for many country-specific top-level domains and usually for generic top-level domains such as .com, .net, .org., etc.
To renew your domain for several years or to check whether your domain supports this option, simply follow these steps:
- Log in to IONOS.
- Click on the Domain & SSL tile. Your Domain Overview will be displayed.
- Click the gear symbol next to your domain under Actions and select the entry Renewal & Transfer.
- Under Renew your domain in due time, click Renew domain.
- You will be forwarded to the IONOS customer shop. Click in the field Renewal term to display the options available for your domain.
- Select the desired renewal period and click Next.
You will receive a summary of your order.
- In order to continue, it is now necessary for you to read and confirm our General Terms and Conditions (incl. cancellation policy).
- To complete the order process and renew your domain, click on Order.
As soon as your domain reaches the current expiration date, it will be automatically renewed for the selected period.