For Website Builder and MyWebsite Creator
Let visitors to your website know that security is very important to you. IONOS SSL certificates with 256-bit encryption provide the best possible protection for data transmission and is already included free of charge in many packages.
For MyWebsite Creator packages, the SSL certificate is normally activated automatically within a few minutes as soon as a domain is connected to the website. Your SSL certificate is active in a few minutes and your website is accessible by going to your domain.
- Log in to IONOS.
- From the My Products drop-down menu, choose Websites & Stores.
- If you have several MyWebsite Creator and Website Builder packages, they will all appear on this page. Select the desired website by clicking Manage website.
- You must Connect Your Domain (Internet Address) with MyWebsite, if you have not done so already.
- Click on the red lock icon next to your domain name to Assign an SSL Certificate.
- Check the box to confirm that you accept the SSL Guidelines, then click Activate SSL Certificate for Free.
The process is complete. Your SSL should be set up and active in just a few minutes.