Adding a Shop to Your WordPress Installation
For the ConnectaStore add-on feature
The IONOS shop integration feature allows you to add an online shop to your existing WordPress website in just a few steps.
- Log in to your IONOS account.
- Click on the Websites & Shops tile.
- Select the desired Shop Integration contract variant (Standard, Advanced, Expert). The shop integration management window will then open.
- In the menu on the left, select Sales Channels > Overview.
- Click Sell on your website > Wordpress > Learn more.
- Download the WordPress plug-in offered to your computer.
- In your browser, open the WordPress installation where you want to install the shop.
Perform the following steps in the administration interface of your WordPress website:
- From the menu on the left, click Plugins > Add New > Upload Plugin.
- Use the Choose File button to select the plugin you downloaded in the previous section.
- Click Install Now.
- Click Activate Plugin after the installation completes.
- You can now Create a Store or Connect an Existing Store through the newly added IONOS eCommerce menu item.
All functionalities of your shop integration are now available in your WordPress installation.